Flexible option: gather a group of six or seven friends, and we’ll teach the class in your home, on your schedule!
If you’ve explored the macrobiotic diet, but were confused by the rules or frustrated by limited food selections, the Mostly Macro class is for you. We use the time-tested principles of the macrobiotic diet, and show you how to apply them to modern life. This six-week, flexible-schedule session (take just one class, or all six) will cover the principles and practices of macrobiotics, including:
- How opposites attract: the yin/yang concept
- Eating with the seasons–without starving
- What “local” means (really)
- Macrobiotics in modern life: yes, you can eat out!
- Stocking your kitchen: equipment and tools
- Essential ingredients, from soba to seaweed
- Yin/yang foods: what grows up, what grows down
- Pressed salads, pickling and other techniques
- Sane solutions: shopping lists and menu planning
- Making the “no-leftovers rule” work
…and much more!
Each class includes a cooking lesson, with snacks and some hands-on preparation. You can take the first class only, or add as many additional sessions as you’d like. (First class is mandatory, since we’ll talk about the principles of macrobiotics.) The six-week session, with an option for continuing classes, runs every Tuesday from 5:30 to 8 p.m. starting August 7.
Cost: $65 per class, includes food costs.